Thursday, April 24, 2008

Refelction post

This week I will be reading a few articles out of Newsweek magazing. One article is titled, "Generation Divorce." I aven't read it yet, but I assume that it is about families that went through divorces, and the effects that it had on them over the years. The article probably also talks about how divorce is a common trend in the United States, but I guess I'll find out after I read the article. For this article, I will probably do some alot of highlighting. There are about five pages in this article so, yeah I'll probably be doing alot of highlighting actually. Another strategy that I will be using is marking unfamiliar words in the article. If the word looks unfamiliar to me, and I don't know what it means then I will look it up in the dictionary and find out what it means. Another important strategy would be to outline the article. outlining is sort of difficult for me, but I think that I'm starting to get the hang of it. Its mostly just organizing main ideas, and points that are important to the main ideas of the article. Besides reading "Generation Divorce", I have to read one more article out of this weeks issue of Newsweek, but i haven't decided on which one yet. i saw one on the Iraq war, where the U.S. Army is sending in 'experts' to analyze the Iraqi society. I also have to finish reading "The Things we Carried", which is a pretty good book. I was surprised when I saw it on I-Tunes the other day under classics. I'll probably give it to my dad to read when I'm finished with it. I think that he'll enjoy it, because he's a war veteran and he likes those kind of books.

No comments: